Sunday, November 6, 2011

Goodbye Sweet Girl

We said goodbye to our sweet & loyal companion of almost 15 years on Tuesday. I found Lucy when Scott and I had barely been married 2 years. I was a first year nursing student, living in a home that didn't allow pets. I didn't care. I took one look at her face (she had 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye) and knew WE were meant to be. She was my child for the many years I couldn't have my own child. She was that once in a lifetime dog that I think we all have. She will be forever missed.
(Photo by Diane Wittenberg)

4 comments:

Janie said...

Kristi,
I was thinking about you this weekend, because I was wondering how Lucy dog was doing, I guess I have my answer. So sorry, she had a great long life thanks to you guys, it was time.
She lives on in your hearts because you'll never forget her.

Diane W said...

She sure was a special girl and so sweet! She will always have a special place in your heart.

laura said...

wonderful picture, captured her soul....

Audrey said...

Oh Kristi, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know first-hand how hard that is. And I totally understand about a "once in a lifetime" dog, I had one of those too, and she was my baby before I became a mom. Your sweet Lucy will hold a place in your heart forever.