Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Mind Of Her Own


Well, my little girl is quickly becoming my big girl. I would say we officially have a stubborn toddler on our hands. We have multiple "throw yourself on the floor and bang your head" tantrums daily. She is really exerting her independence too. She won't let me hand her a cracker anymore...she wants to get it herself out of the box now. It cracks us up. She is also starting to do some pretend play. She has some dolls that she totes around the house all day and tries to feed. We have a little doll stroller, highchair, and bouncy seat and she is putting her dolls in and out of that stuff all day. It is great to see her play like that.


I thought for sure that her first spoken dog name would be Lucy, but I was wrong. She started saying Chlo Chlo about two weeks ago (that is what we call Chloe). Finally a couple of days ago she started saying Lucy. She just says "Cy" though. It is so cute. She hasn't said Riley yet. We are still working on that one.


She is finally liking the pool a bit more. I really need to get off my lazy butt and get us enrolled in swim lessons. I'm working a bit extra lately, so it's hard to commit to something like swim lessons.


3 comments:

laura D said...

How cute( stubborn todlers are always cute when they are somebody else) Robin loved the pool at our old house had a little tube with handles and would jump off the board with it !

Janie said...

OMG she looks so grown up with that long hair!!!!! Yes, it's so great when they start being independent!

Audrey said...

I know all about stubborn toddler syndrome, mine has now evolved into stubborn preschooler syndrome! :)

And my son's very first spoken word was "Dog." Not Mama or Dada, lol!