Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bye Bye Beepie



Everyday when I make Sage's bed, I ask her if she is ready to give her beeps (her pacifiers) to a newborn baby who needs them. Everyday she tells me, "no mom, I'm still a baby". Yesterday morning I asked her and I got the usual response. Right afterwards she told me she wanted to go to the toy store. I told her if she threw all her beeps in the garbage, we could go to the toy store. She gathered each and every one of them up and tossed them in the garbage. She said goodbye with big tears in her eys (and honestly, big tears in mine). Off to Toys R Us and $60 later, we are "beep" free. She slept fine last night without them. I am finding myself oddly heartbroken.

5 comments:

Kendell said...

WHAT?!?! The beeps are GONE?! That is awesome...but also a little sad. What a big girl doing it on her own!!!

Janie said...

There might be a delayed reaction.......

Diane W said...

Good for her! Dylan was a pacifier user at night too (his name for it was 'num-num'). One day he surprised me and said he was a big boy and didn't need them anymore (after much prodding from me to give them to a baby that needed them). That was it!

laura D said...

I did keep one "Binkie" and it goes on the Christmas Tree every year STILL, and the baby will be 19 on the 29th !!!

Alison said...

She's growing up! It must be bittersweet.