Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fire




There was a fire near my house today that burned 16 acres. I was so scared. Scott called me at 3:20 to tell me it looked like there was a fire near our house. He had just picked Sage up from daycare and could see the fire off in the distance. I was at work and immediately ran out to my car. All I could think about was getting home to make sure that the dogs were okay and get them out of there if I needed to. It was horrible. They ended up getting the fire under control with air tankers and helicopters. No houses were burned and all is fine up on the hill tonight. Firefighters are staying up here tonight to make sure that all is calm with no hot spots. I really hate fire. Bring on some rain!!!!

1 comment:

laura D said...

know the feeling.. I got a couple of calls at work from friends asking me how close it was to my house!!! Only hadn't known anything about it yet, took a quick look out the window and figured it was far enough away from my house not to worry, did drive up later to see and could not get close, had the road blocked on Cherry lane