Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recipes

One of my New Years resolutions is to try to cook more new recipes. I always feel so in a rut with my cooking. Here's one I tried last week. This was so so good. I followed the recipe exactly with the exception that I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of bone in.




http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/rosemary-gorgonzola-chicken/

Tonight I am making BBQ shredded chicken. It is so yummy and easy. Here is the recipe:

In the crockpot combine

1/2 cup ketchup

4 TBS brown sugar

4 TBS red wine vinegar

2 TBS dijon mustard

2 TBS worsteshire sauce

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp liquid smoke

1/4 tsp black pepper

I also add some pepperoncini rings and some of the juice from the bottle, but you don't have to.

Add boneless-skinless chicken breasts or some type of beef roast to the crockpot

Cook all day on low

Shred meat before eating

We eat it on buns with pepperjack cheese or over baked potatoes.

My house smells so good right now!

Started a new book last night called The Bright Side of Disaster. I'm really liking it so far. It is a really easy read, which I needed since the last few books I've read have been really serious.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks Yummy! I might have to try that one!

Danielle Holsapple said...

Your BBQ chicken sounds so much more exciting than mine! I need to try your version!!!!!

amy and kids said...

It looks really good! I am also trying to make more meals this year.

The Sweetest Thing Photography said...

It DOES look good!!

Lonni said...

Looks delicious!

Janie said...

Love slow cooker recipes!
I did not make any resolutions but I do have a little secret list.
The last couple of months I had tried new stuff and one was Risotto, since I was influenced in Italy. My first risotto was delicioso!!!! I have another risotto recipe I want to try.
You are so full of NEW things this 2010!

Janie said...

Kristi, I have a friend who read 52books in 2009 (a Vegas babe). She just finished "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" and she really liked it.